Microcannulas are becoming more and more popular with aesthetic doctors as they allow for precise and safe injections. However, the use of a microcannula requires knowledge and skill to ensure a successful procedure. Let’s take a look at what you need to know about microcannulas in aesthetic medicine.
How to Choose the Right Microcannula?
When it comes to choosing the right microcannula for your procedure, there are several factors that should be taken into consideration.
The size of the cannula is key – too small and you won’t get enough product into the area; too large and you risk causing damage or bruising. The patient’s skin texture is also important – if it is thin or fragile, a smaller cannula should be used. Additionally, consider the injection depth – superficial injections will require a smaller cannula than deeper ones.
Finally, consider where you are injecting – certain areas may require longer or shorter cannulas depending on their specific anatomy.
By carefully considering all these factors when selecting your microcannula, you can ensure you are getting the best possible results while minimizing risks.
Which microcannula For Which Zone?
When it comes to which areas can benefit from microcannulas, there is no one-size-fits-all answer; it depends on individual patients and their unique needs. Generally speaking though, most facial contouring procedures such as cheekbone augmentation and jawline sculpting can benefit from a microcannula injection technique because of its precision and accuracy in placing product exactly where it needs to go without causing excessive bruising or swelling. Other areas such as lips, brows, and tear-troughs may also benefit from this type of care but again this will depend on each patient’s individual needs.
In order to help you choose the right cannula per zone, here is SoftFil’s official list :
- Forehead : 23G50, 23G70, 25G40, 25G50,25G60
- Glabellar lines : 25G40, 25G50, 25G60
- Pre-tragal & malar area : 22G50, 22G70, 23G50, 23G70, 25G50, 25G60
- Mandibular area & jawline : 22G50, 22G70, 22G90, 23G50, 23G70
- Marionette lines : 25G40, 25G50
- Chin : 23G30, 23G50, 25G40, 25G50, 25G30
- Lips : 25G40, 25G50, 25G30, 27G40, 27G25, 30G25
- Nasolabial fold : 25G40, 25G50, 25G60
- Nose : 25G40, 25G50, 26G13
- Temples & tear trough : 23G50, 23G70, 25G50, 25G60
- Neck and Neckline : 22G70, 22G90, 20G70, 20G90
- Breast : 16G90
- Arms : 20G90, 18G90
- Hands : 25G50, 25G60
- Abdomen : 20G90, 18G90
- Buttocks : 18G70, 18G90, 16G90, 14G90
- Legs : 20G90, 16G70, 16G90